Sunday, December 2, 2012

Final Blog Entry


The “From Grimm to Disney” class has taught me a lot and given me a better feel for what it’s like to be in college. In this class, I have learned about typical symbols and characteristics seen in fairytales by the Brothers Grimm, background knowledge of the Brothers Grimm, the similarities and differences between the Grimm fairytales and Disney movies, and analyzed the fairytales with different lenses. Now when I watch movies and read stories, I will be able to compare them to the fairytale symbols and motifs and understand them on a deeper level. Also, I now have a better understanding of what it’s like to write a college paper, what a typical college class would be like, and how to work in groups on a college level. Before college, the longest paper I had ever written was about three pages, but now I am able to write papers up to ten pages. When writing papers, I am now able to find and use resources much more easily. I have found that college classes are a lot more different than classes in high school. There definitely isn’t as much hand holding and grades given and the difficulty level is higher as well. In high school, I didn’t get many opportunities to work in groups, and when I did, they were usually small projects. I’ve found that working on big projects in groups is a lot more difficult than I expected and I now know how to handle problems when they arise. Lastly, I learned about how easy and beneficial it is to communicate with my professors. They are a huge help and really go out of their way to provide any necessary assistance that I need. This class has been a crucial part of my college experience and has given me knowledge that I can now use outside of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment